Terms and Conditions for Lanzarote Leisure Villas
LANZAROTE LEISURE VILLAS BOOKING CONDITIONS (V8 4.6.2018)
- Bookings between LANZAROTE LEISURE VILLAS LIMITED (hereafter called “the Company”) and the person making the bookings (hereafter called “the Client”) are valid after (a) the booking has been received by the Company, (b) the appropriate deposit has been paid to the Company. Payment will be accepted by the following means: cheques, bank transfer, Visa, Mastercard, Delta or Maestro. Late bookings must be paid by debit or credit card.
- By ticking the box authorising us to automatically process your balance payment you are agreeing to us taking the balance on the due date.
- By accepting our booking conditions “the client” authorises to agree them on behalf of all other persons named in the booking including those substituted or added by agreed amendment of the booking.
- The balance of the holiday cost shown on the invoice must be paid two months before departure. If the booking takes place less than two months before departure then the balance is due immediately on receipt of the confirmation. If the balance is not received at least six weeks before departure the Company reserves the right to cancel the relevant booking and retain any deposit held in respect of the same.
- Any cancellation by the Client must be notified in writing directly to the Company. If the notification of cancellation is received by the Company more than six weeks before departure, only the deposit will be retained by the Company.
If six weeks or less, then the following cancellation charges will apply:
More than 4 weeks and up to 6 weeks before departure 40% of the total cost.
More than 2 weeks and up to 4 weeks before departure 75% of the total cost.
2 weeks before departure 100% of the total cost.
- If the accommodation or other arrangement booked by the client needs to be modified or no longer becomes available for any reason beyond the control of the Company, the Company will consult with the Client and seek to offer alternative accommodation of comparable or superior quality of facilities and location as determined by the company and fit for the purpose intended without further charge to the client. Should the alternative offered not be acceptable to the Client or no such alternative be available, the Company will refund in full all accommodation fees paid to the Company with immediate effect.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense, and shall not be obliged to make any refund, in the event of change or cancellation brought about by any force majeure circumstance including ( without limitation)war or threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, strikes or any other industrial disruption, natural disasters, fire, technical problems with transportation, airport closures, quarantine, epidemics, weather conditions, government action or other events beyond the Company’s control. Important note: The clients attention is drawn to the importance of having Holiday Insurance.
- The company cannot accept responsibility for losses and inconvenience arising out of disruption of local services such as electricity and water supplies, industrial action or any other matter outside the control of the Company.
- If after confirmation of the Clients booking, the Client wishes to change any details of the booking (e.g. transferring to a different property or departure date) the Company will use its best endeavours to comply. An amendment fee may be charged for any booking changed. However any such amendment/change must be made and confirmed in writing before departure. In the event that within 6 weeks of departure the Client wishes to change the booking to a later date the cancellation charges specified in paragraph 5 will apply.
- If after confirmation of booking the accommodation with the Company the Client delays flight purchase and is then unable to obtain flights and cancels the accommodation, normal cancellation charges will apply as specified in paragraph 5. (The date of confirmation of the booking is defined as the date on which the deposit or full balance if booking less than 2 months before departure is received by the Company.)
- Any ‘Special Offers’ or ‘Late Deals’ made by the Company will not affect the cost of holidays already booked with the Company.
- Should the Client have cause for complaint in the course of the holiday, the Company’s local management must be notified immediately. In the event that the problem cannot be resolved locally and is considered by the Client to be of a serious nature, then the Client must telephone the Lanzarote Leisure Villas office in the UK who will endeavour to solve the problem. If the Client wishes to pursue the matter on return to the UK, the complaint must then be made in writing to the Company’s office at 4 Greenway, Totteridge, London N20 8ED within 42 days of the Client returning from holiday. The Company accepts no liability in respect of complaints received after that date.
- The self catering accommodation provided is only for the use and occupation of the persons shown in the booking and no sub-letting, sharing or assignment is permitted.
- Should any damage to the property its fittings or contents occur during the period of occupancy which in the opinion of the Company has been caused willfully negligently or carelessly the Company reserves the right to levy additional charges for the purposes of restitution as determined by the Company.
- Elderly and disabled persons are welcomed by the Company and provided prior knowledge is available advice can be given regarding their accommodation. Unfortunately many of our privately owned properties are not suitable for the severely disabled.
- We have made all reasonable steps to ensure that the holidays shown on our website have been properly arranged and that suppliers of accommodation, car hire companies or any other organisations we use both in this country and abroad are reputable, maintain high standards and conform with the laws of the country in which they are operating. However, we have no direct control over such organisations and shall not be liable for any acts or omissions whether fundamental or not by any persons employed by them.
- Our arrangements for your holiday are often planned many months in advance and very occasionally changes may have to be made. In the unlikely event of the Company having to alter the accommodation booked by the Client, the Company undertakes to offer alternative similar or upgraded accommodation. Where a significant change is made you will be informed when you book or , if you have already booked, as soon as possible prior to your departure. A significant change is defined as a change of resort.
- This contract is subject to and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties hereby submit to exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Passports: A valid 10 year passport is required for British subjects visiting Lanzarote. Foreign Nationals travelling from Britain should check with their embassy to ascertain whether a special visa will be required. Children (inc babies) will need their own passport to travel abroad. Passport information can be found at www.ips.gov.uk/passport
Health Requirements: Vaccinations are not currently required for visiting Lanzarote.
More information can be found at www.dh.gov.uk
Health Advice for Travellers.
LANZAROTE LEISURE VILLAS LTD. 4 Greenway, Totteridge, London N20 8ED
Tel: 0044 (0) 1425 629955